Monday, October 20, 2008

Reflection #4

One thing I have really enjoyed seeing since this class began is all of the different examples of school and teacher websites. Classroom websites are a new idea to me, and the more I see of them, the more I like them. They aren't that hard to do, and they can have so many great benefits. It provides kids with a safe place to explore technology, as well as a resource for extra homework, help with homework, and a place to display their hard work in class. It also provides a great resource for parents to see what is going on in the classroom and to get a general idea of what the teacher is like.

I really think I will use this idea in the classroom. However, it will be important for me to be aware of the ability of my students to access the internet from their home. If many of them can't, then I will need to make sure to use it in the classroom, and not rely on it as a homework resource.

No comments: