Monday, October 20, 2008

Reflection #1

So not really knowing where to start with my reflections, got me thinking about the technology I've seen in the class I'm observing. I am placed in a lower income school, so there isn't a whole lot of technology, but there is some. The main piece of technology I see used is the document camera. I have never been a big document camera fan. Most of the time I think that students can just either see what the teacher is holding up, or they can follow along on their own handouts. However, after seeing it used more in the classroom, I am able to see more of its benefits. It seems rather nice to be able to use an actual piece of paper rather than have a transparency or powerpoint made for everything. I'm still not completely sold - but I can see more of the benefit of them.

No comments: