Monday, October 20, 2008

Assignment #3

For my Smartboard presentation, I am using a geography game found on National Geographic's kid site. It's very interactive and I thought it was a lot of fun. It is a bit slow moving for one person, but if divided into teams or split up, I think it would be more affective. Here is the link to national geographic

The NETS Student standards that fit this presentation are: Technology Operations and Concepts
a. understand and use technology systems
d. transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies.

The presentation showcases these standards because students will have to have some understanding of computer technology and of the Smartboard's technology in order to play this game. They will also have to transfer their knowledge of computer technology to the technology of the Smartboard - as well as transferring their geographical knowledge in order to play the game correctly.

The NETS teacher standards that fit this presentation are: Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
a. design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and activity

This standard applies to the presentation because I will be using a digital tool/resource to help the students learn about the 50 states. They will use their background information to become a "geo spy" and identify the 50 states as a class using the game found on the National Geographic kids website.

1 comment:

Miss Klasse said...

I loved your SMARTBoard presentation today. When I got back from class I saved that website to my delicious account. What a great find! The whole class was so excited and involved. Good job!