Monday, December 1, 2008

Kidspiration


So I got the chance to have a little fun with "kidspiration" and this is what I came up with. I thought kidspiration seemed like a really neat tool that would allow kids - even the youngest ones- to interact with technology and express themselves in a handy way. The use of pictures enables them to use things they understand, even if they don't quite know the words for it yet. I think kidspiration would be a really good teaching tool and review tool, that the kids would all really enjoy. It looks like I could use this tool for pretty much any subject. It could be part of a station rotation that they only get to use on Fridays or something, or they could get turns on it every other day - depending on our resources of course. If there's only one computer in the classroom, we would have to use it a little more creatively, but it would be a great source of information for the students.

2 comments:

Mrs. Harrold said...

WOW LEAH! Your little diagram looks so good! I felt like I was overthinking the idea of it. It was really neat though. I thought it was so interesting looking through Professor Garrett's grand daughter's little technology book. If a 5 year old can do that, so can I! :-) Do you think that this software is something that you would like to use in the future in your classroom?

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Meghan! The little diagram looks amazing, I was so shocked at all of the different things that could take place on Kidspiration! How do you think you would teach the students to use this program at the beginning of the year? Would you take training as well?