Monday, September 22, 2008

html

So last week in class, we learned how to do html. It was so much fun! All of this stuff that seemed like nonsense before... suddenly I was able to use it to do what I wanted it to. I still have a lot to learn and figure out, but now it's not near as daunting.

We also created our own websites using Google Sites. I thought it was really confusing. It was fun to know that I was creating my very own website, but the program wasn't very easy to use. I'm still not sure how to do exactly what I want to, but I'm slowly figuring it out. Here is the link to the beginnings of my site:-)

2 comments:

Mrs. Harrold said...

Hey Leah,
I completly understand the confusion with Google sites! I was beyond frustrated with it that I decided to try a different program. I used www.freewebs.com. It is so simple and they have a ton of really great things to add to your site. Let me know if you use them and what you think or if you figure Google sites out!

Director said...

I felt (well, still feel) exactly the same. The door of HTML has been flung wide open, and I want to learn and create more with it! I'm still a tiny bit intimidated by it, but I'm excited to understand at least the basics.

Google Sites seemed ridiculous to me, I think mostly because I didn't know what I could do with it. I agree with Meghan, freewebs rocks! I started working on two sites on it, and it is super easy. If you feel brave enough, you can also write a website from scratch! Good Luck, and hang in there.