Monday, September 8, 2008

How I got here

Hello all, and welcome to my page!



To start things off, let me tell you a little bit about myself and how I came to be an education major at Northwest. Never in a million years did I ever think that I would be in education, but here I am today.



Growing up, I always thought of myself as not any good with kids, and I really didn't enjoy them that much. I hated babysitting and always accepted jobs begrudgingly. However, that began to change when my aunt had three children and decided to use me as her main babysitter. I soon came to love them more than I ever thought possible, and over time realized that kids were actually pretty fun.



As high school graduation approached, I shunned the idea of ever becoming a teacher. Several key people in my life always told me that I would be a great teacher, and that I would probably love it, but I just smiled politely and told them, "probably not". Not really being sure what I wanted to do, I decided to take my mom's suggestion and head in the direction of physical therapy. Soon however, I realized that I despised science.

To make a long story shorter... I then transferred to Boise Bible College after deciding I wanted to learn more about ministry and the Bible, and from there God lead me to the realization that what I wanted to do more than anything was impact the lives of young children, their parents, and my peers.

So here I am at Northwest, studying to do just that and loving every minute of it!

1 comment:

Prof. Sorenson said...

Great story regarding your journey to NU and the School of Education. It is exciting to see how God leads us and gives us passion for what He knows will be fulfilling work for us.